We are delighted that you are considering making an appointment with us. Please read the following terms as these will apply to any appointment that you make with us.
If you do not agree to be bound by our terms, then please do not continue with your booking.
Please note that words in bold are defined towards the end of these terms in the section titled "Definitions" (please see paragraph 48).
1. You can make your an appointment online at www.andrewboltonopticians.co.uk or by phone on 01382 640046.
2. You can only make an appointment if you are 18 years old or over.
3. Your appointment will be subject to availability at the time you make it.
4. Your appointment is personal to you and you are responsible for it. When you make your appointment, you must not attempt to use any name other than your own.
5. If you make an appointment on someone else's behalf then you must state the correct name of the patient. You cannot change this name later without making a cancellation and reappointing. You are responsible for ensuring that any patient in your booking complies with these terms as if that patient had made the appointment.
6. You cannot make an appointment more than 1 month in advance.
Rates and payment
7. Eye examinations are free to those ordinarily resident in the UK or those who belong to one of the categories of exemption from NHS charges set out in the NHS (Charges to Overseas Visitors) (Scotland) Regulations 1989.
8. To determine how regularly you are entitled to a free eye examination, see below:
Under 7 years of age, with binocular vision anomaly or corrected refractive error, 6 Months.
7 years of age and over and under 16 years of age with binocular vision anomaly or rapidly progressing myopia, 6 Months.
Under 16 years of age unless in one of the categories above, 1 Year.
16 years of age and over and under 60 years of age, 2 Years.
60 years of age and over, 1 Year.
Those with glaucoma, 1 Year.
Those 40 years of age and over with a close family history of glaucoma, 1 Year.
Those with ocular hypertension, 1 Year.
Diabetic patients, 1 Year.
9. If you are not entitled to a free NHS sight test then there is a charge of £44.00
10. Contact lens checks and fittings are free to those on our monthly contact lens plan.
11. If you are not entitled to a free contact lens check or fitting then there is a charge of £39.90
12. You must pay immediately following the appointment.
13. You will be invoiced for cancelled apointments, which are payable on receipt of the invoice.
14. Payment on time is of the essence.
Cancellations and amendments
15. You can make a cancellation or an amendment of your appointment on www.andrewboltonopticians.co.uk or by calling [01382 640046].
16. If you make a cancellation twenty four hours or more before your appointment then there is no charge.
17. If you make a cancellation less than twenty four hours before your appointment then:
a. A charge of £44.00 will be made for a cancelled sight test.
b. A charge of £39.90 will be made for a cancelled contact lens check or fitting.
18. If a patient does not arrive within fifteen minutes of their appointment then we will make an automatic cancellation of the booking(s) incurring the above charges.
19. If you wish to make an amendment then you may only do so twenty four hours or more before your appointment.
20. We will not be liable, in contract, tort (including, without limitation, negligence), pre-contract or other representations or otherwise out of or in connection with these terms for:
a. any economic losses (including without limitation loss of revenues, profits, contracts, business, opportunity or anticipated savings); or
b. any loss of goodwill or reputation; or
c. any special or indirect losses suffered which arises out of or in connection with your booking.
21. Our total liability for any loss shall not exceed the total sum we charge you for the booking.
22. If you (or any other guest) suffer or are likely to suffer as a result of any breach and/or negligence by us, you must do everything reasonable to keep your (or their) losses to a minimum.
23. Nothing in these terms shall affect your and/or any other patient’s statutory rights and, in particular, nothing in these terms excludes or limits our liability:
a. for any death or personal injury caused by our negligence; or
b. for any matter which it would be illegal for us to exclude or attempt to exclude our liability; or
c. for any fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
24. We reserve the right to claim from you for any loss, damage and/or injury sustained by us, our employees, representatives, contractors and/or agents due to any malicious, wilful or negligent damage caused by you and/or any other patient.
Events beyond our reasonable control
25. You acknowledge that we may not be able to provide an appointment and/or services due to any adverse event which happens which is beyond our reasonable control. As such, we shall not be in breach of these terms, nor liable for any failure to perform any of our obligations in relation to your booking, arising from:
a. acts of God, including but not limited to fire, flood, earthquake, windstorm or other natural disaster;
b. fire, explosion or accidental damage;
c. extreme adverse weather conditions;
d. collapse of building structures, failure of plant machinery, machinery, computers or vehicles;
e. interruption or failure of utility service, including but not limited to electric power, gas or water; and/or
f. any other act, event, omission or accident which is beyond our reasonable control;
g. Staff illness/abscence.
26. No waiver by us shall be construed as a waiver of any right of ours or any succeeding breach of any provision of these terms.
27. These terms are governed by Scottish law, and you and we agree that disputes can only be dealt with in the Scottish Courts. English is the only language offered for the conclusion of the contract. [If you are a habitual resident of any other country then there may be certain national mandatory rules which also apply to you.]
28. You are responsible for the security and proper use of your password and must take all reasonable steps to ensure that the password is kept confidential.
29. When used in these terms the words set out below shall have the following meanings:
a. amendment means if you make a change to your booking after you have completed it
b. booking means any appointment you make which is accepted by us
c. cancellation means if you cancel any booking for any reason or if we cancel any booking where we are entitled to so under these terms
d. patient means any person who attends an appointment as part of your booking, including you
f. website means the site located at www.andrewboltonopticians.co.uk or any subsequent address(es) which may replace it
g. we/us/our means Andrew Bolton Opticians
h. you/your means the person who makes the booking
Details of changes to these terms
30. From time to time we will need to change these terms and to change or replace or introduce new rates and extras.
31. We will not make a change to the rate applicable to your booking after you have completed your booking (unless, subject to paragraphs 15 to 19 above, you make an amendment). We do reserve the right to correct any manifest pricing errors on our website from time to time, however.
32. If you continue with your booking following any change we shall take this to mean that you accept the change. You are responsible for checking whether these terms have been changed.
Questions / complaints
33. If you have any question or complaint in relation to your booking or these terms please contact [email protected] and we will respond to you as quickly as we can.
Terms & conditions
Book a test
You can now book an appointment online.
Andrew Bolton Opticians 185 Perth Road, Dundee, DD2 1AS. 01382 640046